We have discussed what is basic functionality difference between the Fuel Injection system and a Carburetor in the previous article. But now its time to discuss the basic requirements of the fuel Injection system.
Basic Functional Requirements of the Fuel Injection System
There are certain requirements of the Fuel Injection system to meet to give the best performance for the engine.
- Accurate metering of the fuel per each cycle.
- The quantity of the fuel should be varied for the different speeds and loads of the engine.
- The timing of the fuel injection supposed to be accurate for each cycle. so that the fuel economy and the clean burning of the fuel can be achieved.
- Control over the rate of Injection of fuel to achieve the desired heat release pattern.
- Proper atomization of fuel into very fine droplets is necessary.
- Uniform distribution of the fuel droplets throughout the combustion chamber.
- In the case of a multi-cylinder engine, The fuel Injection system supposed to supply the equal amount of the fuel to all the cylinders.
- No lag in the beginning and end of the injection. which means no fuel drops should be fall before the beginning or at the end of the fuel injection.
These are the basic functional requirements of the Fuel Injection System.
A fuel injection system must full fill the above listed functional requirements to get the best performance from the engine. Do you think if we have missed anything? please comment them below.