Units are used to measure the quantity of anything to understand in such a way everyone can imagine it. There are two major unit systems. Imperial system and Metric system. Most of the countries use the metric system. In this article, we are going to compare both unit systems.
- Originally used in Mainland in Europe. Adopted by many countries
- First proposed by Gabriel Mouton (astronomer and mathematician )(1618–94) in 1670 and was standardised in Republican France in 1790.
- The most used measuring unit system in the world.
- It is a Decimal system of measurement.
- Metric units are the SI(The International System of Units) or MKS(Meter-Kilogram-Second) system.
- Also known as The British Imperial System.
- Developed from what was first known as English Units.
- Come into use from 1588 to 1825 in England.
- Few countries like the US, Burma are still using Imperial system of measurements.
- Imperial units are the FPS(Foot Pound Second) System.
Inch, Foot, Yard, Mile