Topic: Metric system Vs. Imperial system
- Originally used in Mainland in Europe. Adopted by many countries
- First proposed by Gabriel Mouton (astronomer and mathematician )(1618–94) in 1670 and was standardised in Republican France in 1790.
- The most used measuring unit system in the world.
- It is a Decimal system of measurement.
- Metric units are the SI(The International System of Units) or MKS(Meter-Kilogram-Second) system.
- Also known as The British Imperial System.
- Developed from what was first known as English Units.
- Come into use from 1588 to 1825 in England.
- Few countries like the US, Burma are still using Imperial system of measurements.
- Imperial units are the FPS(Foot Pound Second) System.
Inch, Foot, Yard, Mile